
The United States Department of War has released a second batch of declassified files related to Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena, or UAPs, as part of a new government transparency initiative launched earlier this month.
The files were published through the Presidential Unsealing and Reporting System for UAP Encounters – known as PURSUE – on the government’s dedicated UFO disclosure website, War.gov/UFO.
According to a statement from Pentagon spokesman Sean Parnell, the latest release is part of an ongoing effort by the administration of Donald Trump to declassify historical records connected to UFOs, UAPs, and possible extraterrestrial phenomena.
The Department of War said the website has received more than one billion hits worldwide since launching on May 8, suggesting enormous public interest in the disclosures.
The second tranche includes historical reports, videos, infrared imagery, radar records, and witness narratives spanning decades.
Among the newly released materials are documents relating to incidents in New Mexico between 1948 and 1950, a reported UAP sighting in the former Soviet Union, and military records connected to the 2023 Lake Huron incident in which a US Air National Guard F-16 shot down an unidentified object over North American airspace.
Government officials stressed that many of the incidents remain unresolved rather than confirmed extraterrestrial encounters.
In a statement published on the PURSUE website, US Secretary of War Pete Hegseth said the files had “long fueled justified speculation” and that the administration was committed to “unprecedented transparency”.
The Department of War said additional releases are already being prepared and will be published on a rolling basis over the coming weeks as more documents are reviewed and declassified.
Officials also said the effort involves coordination across dozens of government agencies and the review of millions of records, many of which exist only in paper archives.